Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Can anyone tell me if the UK On-Line lottery out of London is legitimate?

They were supposed to have held a drawing in Covent Garden in London, on May 6, 2007. They told me I was one of 20 winners drawn internationally.

Can anyone tell me if the UK On-Line lottery out of London is legitimate?
i don't know but they sent me an email too. i think its a scam. in the past i have heard about foreign countries running lottery scams. and in order for you to get your money, you have to pay them insurance in order for them to send it.
Reply:If you did not enter a lottery in the UK than you are probably not a winner. There are a lot of scams that prey on people thinking they just got lucky even though they did not enter any contest. I would delete the email and forget it. The scam works a couple of ways. One way is they get you to send them the bank information so they can directly deposit your winnings. (They usually clean you out.) Another one asks for some type of fee to claim your prize. (It never comes.) The other one I know about is where they send you a check to deposit and send back a bit of the money.(The check will bounce and you will be liable) There are a lot of scams out there so don't always believe what you get in your email.

Football Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment